[BRLTTY] building brlapi for Android (ARM processor)

Shiri Azenkot shiri.azenkot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:15:23 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm a graduate student trying to develop applications on Android that take
input from and output to a Braille notetaker.

I am trying to figure out how to compile libbrlapi for Android, which has a
linux kernel with an ARM processor. I'm using the Android NDK, which has a
set of tools and build files that help you generate C libraries for Android
on a host system. So I can't compile brltty or libbrlAPI directly on
Android. I would like to use the NDK and write makefiles to build a library,
libbrlapi.so, that I can call on from an application. I've been looking
through the Brltty files and I'm not sure how all the pieces fit together
(the drivers, the braille tables, the API). How many libraries should I
create and which files do they depend on? Is there documentation to help me
understand the make files in the system?

Thank you so much for your help.

Shiri

*Shiri Azenkot*
PhD Student