[BRLTTY] Update and an idea

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Sat Feb 6 15:31:49 EST 2010

Hi,

Here's the update of the French Manual, according to what I see in the repository.

Moreover, I have an idea: I use a system in another project I suggest to use for brltty, either with a specific mailing list either only on my email address.
It would allow me to know more easily and regularly updates, and update French manual to have the good text at every stable release. Just now I've to svn update and don't regularly.

You'll find attached 2 files:
-commit-email.pl: it's a file which, on my server, is in /usr/share/hooks-scripts. It allows to send a mail at any new commit on the svn repository.
-post-commit: file which is in the hooks directory of the repository (i.e. brltty). It is a shell-script which runs on the repository the commit-email script with some arguments (in particular, the destination mail address).

I pre-configured them (the Perl script assumes there's sendmail on the server, the post-commit script assumes we only send commit messages on my mailbox). But, if you want, you can create a mailing and redirect on it, but I don't know if it's useful. However for me I would appreciate really this, because I easily would follow updates of the manual, send you patches immediately and be synchronized with various releases. I was about updating the manual too late for the 4.1. With these scripts, I'm automatically informed and never late.

I hope you'll be interested. It's an idea but I think it can really improve my synchronizing with the project to translate the manual. I also use this mail to tell you that if you want to develop a multilingual software, I can help to translate (for instance, if some help messages, learn mode, preferences menu should be in English and French according the locale...).

Regards,