[BRLTTY] eurobraille driver: bug in serial stuff?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 25 08:43:19 EST 2010

[quoted lines by Yannick PLASSIARD on 2010/02/25 at 12:22 +0100]

>Hi all:
>	In my eurobraille driver, I always has a message printed by
>Input byte missing at offset 8.
>This message is produced when I get some data from the serial device.
>To read data from serial device, I use :
>serialReadData(theDevice, buffer, length, 0, 20);
>I think the error is here but don't know how to fix it. Any idea ?

Yes, I do know what the problem is. What you need to do is to pass an extra
boolean parameter to each of your input handlers to instruct it to wait or to
not wait for the next byte. This boolean should be set to false (don't wait)
for the first byte of a packet, but to true (wait) for any of the rest of the
bytes of a packet. Right now you can have the situation where it doesn't wait
even though it's in the middle of a packet and the rest of the bytes haven't
arrived yet.