[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.2 crash

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sat Jun 5 05:25:37 EDT 2010

Hello,

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de> wrote on Fr, Jun 04, 2010 at 06:51:12 +0200:
>Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote on Mo, Mai 31, 2010 at 12:58:58 -0400:
>>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2010/05/30 at 11:40 +0200]
>>>I have no idea how this might work, because BRLTTY is currently run by the
>>>Debian start scripts. Is it possible to write a script like this
>>>===
>>>#!/bin/sh
>>>ulimit -c unlimited
>>>brltty.blah -l 7 $1
>>>===
>>>And put it in /sbin to be run instead of the binary itself (and assuming that the
>>>binary is called brltty.blah). I don't know whether this dirt hack might work,
>>>but I have no idea how to change the startup scripts.
>>Yes, that should work.
>And I find the file then in /sbin?
However, after a crash this morning, there was no file with "core" in it,
neither in /sbin nor in /build/bin.
This time, I was able to type, which means that the keyboard wasn't frozen and I
could restart BRLTTY. I attached the log file, maybe you can read something out
of it. I'm using a Linux 2.6.30-2-686. Do you need more details? I logged with
brltty -l 7 -e 2> crash.log.

>>How reproducible is it?
>>Do you have a keyboard key table enabled?
>I use a keyboard table. This was also my first thought, because I never had such
>crashes with BRLTTY before enabling one. I don't know how reproducible it is; I
>give it a try.
I was switching from tty2 to tty1 and I guess I then switched on tty1 from a
screen window to another.

Greetings
Sebastian
--
Help with testing the free Latin-German FreeDict dictionary
Online: http://dict.uni-leipzig.de/dictd?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu
Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freedict/files/Latin%20-%20German/0.3/freedict-lat-deu-0.3.tar.bz2/download
More languages | mehr Sprachen: http://www.freedict.org