[BRLTTY] ALVA BC640 with BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Mar 6 10:47:47 EST 2010

[quoted lines by Teemu M Kuusisto on 2010/03/06 at 16:32 +0200]

>Yes, there is something rather odd in system logs :(
>Trying to connect with bluetooth using feature pack gives the
>following messages:

>Mar  5 21:55:33 milliways brltty[28409]: kernel module not installed:
>pcspkr

This one is harmless and unrelated.

>Mar  5 21:55:34 milliways hcid[27953]: pin_code_request
>(sba=00:1E:4C:DB:BB:C1, dba=00:A0:96:2A:E7:5F)
>Mar  5 21:55:34 milliways brltty[28409]: RFCOMM socket connect error
>111: Connection refused.

I think you probably just need to officially pair the BC640 with Linux. This
doesn't seem to be a reqruirement when the BC640 is used on its own so you
probably haven't done that yet. It may be more strict when the feature pack is
used, though, because of the fact that the device then also has a keyboard
which can be used to control the system. Please, therefore, try pairing the
BC640 and your system.

>Btw, when I connected the display and feature pack via USB, system
>log tells that the system has detected HID keyboard. When I press any
>key of that keyboard, the only result is a number of more log
>messages saying [brltty] Ignoring bytes XX (XX seems to be a hexa
>code).

Please give me some examples of keys and codes. Perhaps we can add the
necessary support to BRLTTY for this.