[BRLTTY] BrailleNote Apex USB

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 15 10:08:22 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Sabahattin Gucukoglu on 2010/09/15 at 07:14 +0100]

>Does anybody have information regarding Linux support of BrailleNote Apex?
>Internally, the Apex uses a USB-to-serial interface of factory origin, over
>which the BrailleNote protocol runs.

It's not supported right now, but, if you're willing to put in some time to
help with the testing, I'm sure we can make it work relatively easily. If
that's okay, feel free to contact me directly off-list and we'll tackle it.

You'll need to be able to build your own version of brltty from the latest
development code. There are notes on how to do this in the Source Repository
section of brltty's Download page. We'll of course answer any qeustions you may
have regarding how to do this.