[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Windows

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Sep 26 09:37:13 EDT 2010

coscell at mail.batol.net, le Sun 26 Sep 2010 10:53:48 +0800, a écrit :
> How to let brltty read Chinese on windows console?

I know I've been leaving that issue aside for a long time already.
I've at last taken the few hours to actually understand how chinese is
supposed to work in windows. And the result is that it just already
works in the windows console. I have just loaded the zh-tw contraction
table and enabled 6dot mode, and output some chinese text in a windows
console, I'm getting what is described in the zh-tw contraction table.

This however doesn't work in the cygwin console, but that's cygwin's
fault, it seems to just always print some question marks instead of
unicode characters, you need to report that to the cygwin mailing list.

Samuel