[BRLTTY] Help with building brltty in Cygwin

Patricia Fraser pfraser at harpo.com.pl
Tue Aug 9 10:37:52 EDT 2011

Hi Samuel,

> Patricia Fraser, le Tue 09 Aug 2011 16:11:53 +0200, a écrit :
>> ./autogen runs fine, no errors.
>> ./configure --enable-relocatable-install gives me a warning about a missing
>> libbraille, so I've gone off to find libbraille (which doesn't seem to be
>> available amongh the Cygwin packages).
>
> Do not bother with libbraille.  It hasn't been updated since a long time
> and does not support more devices than brltty itself does.
>
> I've actually never built libbraille myself actually, I've always just
> installed the binary version.

okay, thanks - I need to go back and look again at why I can't get make
to work; if it isn't libbraille, it must be something else I'm missing!

Cheers,

Patricia Fraser			   pfraser at harpo.com.pl
		Find us on Facebook:
	   www.facebook.com/harpo.braille
International Sales and Support	   Tel: +48 61 853 1425
Harpo Sp. z o. o.		   Fax: +48 61 853 1419
	ul. 27 Grudnia 7, 61-737 Poznań, Poland
www.mountbattenbrailler.com	   www.braillepen.com
www.piaf-tactile.com		   www.auto-lektor.com