[BRLTTY] FYI: Handy Tech Active Braille now supported via Bluetooth

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Sun Aug 14 09:41:04 EDT 2011

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2011/08/10 at 12:51 +0200]
>
>>Is USB support now implemented for ActiveBraille (if I compile from
>>svn)?
>
> Yes. I believe there's one thing left to fix, but it'd be good if you could
> start testing it now anyway since we're looking at a new release fairly soon.

Active Braille seems to work - thanks.

After installation, however, I have to start BRLTTY manually after login
to make it working. I have an entry for '/bin/brltty' in my /etc/rc.sysinit
file, right after the last USB related stuff. That worked before
installing the new BRLTTY version, with Handy Tech Modular Evolution,
but now, it doesn't.

Lars