[BRLTTY] Can this be done?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 15 21:19:06 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Tom Masterson on 2011/08/15 at 18:01 -0700]

>I tried binding rfcomm0 to the device and it says it bound it just ine but
>when I try brltty -dserial:rfcomm0 I get a disconnect on the display and what
>is in the attached log.

Your log stops early. Serial port device autodetection probably was taking a
long time so you didn't realize it wasn't finished yet. Please specify the
actual driver explicitly (with -bal) and try again.

>I am seriously beginning to think my bluetoogh is not working correctly
>although it appears to be just fine.  I have never worked with a bluetooth
>dongle on linux and I have followed what procedures there are on the ubuntu
>site to install get it working and it finds the device or at least appears to
>find it.

That's hard for us to comment on without knowing exactly what you did.

By the way: Are you sure that Bluetooth is properly configured on your BC640?
There are a number of relevant settings. If you can tell us what's set to what
in its menu, we'll have a better idea.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.