[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 27 18:32:31 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Tom Masterson on 2011/08/27 at 07:39 -0700]

>On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Jason White wrote:
>
>>What happens if you just start typing on the braille keyboard at a virtual
>>console with BRLTTY running?
>>
>Nothing happens.

My understanding is that there are two ways it can work with the default being
that the system sees a HID keyboard. Have you looked through the menu to see if
thit needs to be enabled?

Do you even get no response to the keyboard when the BC640 is connected via
USB?

We haven't yet had access either to an actual Feature Pack or to a user who has
one. If you can help with testing and can build your own brltty from the
development stream, I'd welcome the opportunity to work with you to get the
keyboard working.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.