[BRLTTY] FYI: Handy Tech Active Braille now supported via USB

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Aug 28 05:29:41 EDT 2011

lars at lamasti.net (Lars Bjørndal) writes:

> Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:
>
>> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2011/08/10 at 12:51 +0200]
>>
>>>Is USB support now implemented for ActiveBraille (if I compile from
>>>svn)?
>>
>> Yes. I believe there's one thing left to fix, but it'd be good if you could
>> start testing it now anyway since we're looking at a new release fairly soon.
>
> Active Braille seems to work - thanks.

Thats good to hear.  I had one issue which I didn't manage to fix
before I gave the test unit back, which is that the Active Braille
*sometimes* seemingly hanged once I killed brltty.  If this happens to you,
don't panic, you can revive it by pressing the on/off button on the
device for at least 3 or 4 seconds.  It will give a beep and come
back with the main menu.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕