[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and the latex-access project by means of python brlapi module

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 1 17:51:26 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 01:55:37PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> What do you think of approaching your Nemeth translator as though it were a
> contraction table. Brltty could recognize if a contraction table is executable
> or not. If it's executable then brltty could run the contraction programi n the
> background, write to it an uncontracted line (in your case, latex source), and
> read back from it a contracted line (in your case, Nemeth). Would this concept
> meet your needs?

First of all, sorry for the late response, I missed this message for
some reason...

So I'd actually have more control than just saying particular ascii
symbols would represent a particular braille translation. In other words
I can run additional code to manipulate the text further than what a
stand alone braille table could do? It probably would, although since
the latex-access project was established some time ago and is quite good
I was wanting to interface brltty with it instead of creating all my own
translations over again. I think in principle this would work pretty
well though, thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Dan