[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and the latex-access project by means of python brlapi module

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Dec 1 19:28:02 EST 2011

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2011/12/02 at 09:51 +1100]

>So I'd actually have more control than just saying particular ascii
>symbols would represent a particular braille translation. In other words
>I can run additional code to manipulate the text further than what a
>stand alone braille table could do? It probably would, although since
>the latex-access project was established some time ago and is quite good
>I was wanting to interface brltty with it instead of creating all my own
>translations over again.

I don't understand why you'd have to provide any translations all over again.
I'm assuming that you already have code which analyzes the latex and turns it
into braille. All you'd need to do is write an executable wrapper around it
whch reads the text from standard input, passes it through the code you already
have, and then writes the resulting braille to standard output.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.