[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and the latex-access project by means of python brlapi module

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Dec 2 11:52:51 EST 2011

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2011/12/02 at 22:20 +1100]

>So is something like this ok, (n.translate(text) converts text from
>latex to output.
>
>#!/usr/bin/python
>import nemeth
>n=nemeth.nemeth ()
>
>while True:
>  input=raw_input("")
>  print n.translate(input)

Yes, exactly.

>I make it executable, chmod +x so where do I place it? Is there anything
>else I need to do to invoke it as the table brltty should use?

You'd call it something like nemeth.ctb (brltty uses the .ctb extension for
contraction tables) and put it in /etc/brltty/. Ultimately, of course, we'd
include the script as part of the brltty distribution.

You'd also have to ensure that Python flushes each output line right away after
it's written.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.