[BRLTTY] Brltty and the latex-access project

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 12 01:50:50 EST 2011

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2011/12/12 at 12:45 +1100]

>I was just wondering whether the addition of executable contraction
>tables to support the latex-access project we discussed last week was
>still a possibility. There is no hurry of course, i'm just receiving
>some pressure from fellow developers as to the status of this project so
>we can be aware of roughly how long it should take?

Yes, it's definitely feasible. Unfortunately, I do have a paying job to contend
with, and, once in a while, my management likes to make high priority demands
on my time. That's why I was unable to work on this project last week.

I've actually, just now, added the infrastructure for executable contraction
tables. The rest will just be coding in this specific area. All the changes
that impact the general code have now been made.

>We've began implementing cursor routing support into our code as well,
>so it's definitely worth supporting this, although we do have quite a
>bit of work to do on this still.

Excellent! We'll have to decide on a format for you to pass this data back to
brltty. BRF, of course, won't be good enough. I'll include support for BRF
because it's good enough for the normal case, but we'll need a way to pass more
information. We may even want to consider, right up front, a way to pass all
eight dots, rather than just six, as well.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html