[BRLTTY] Contraction errors and patch: Blakeney, Donelson, Dewhurst

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 09:06:52 EST 2011

Hi folks,

The first two of these can be challenged. There are people who use the
en sign in Blakeney. To me that makes it look like blacken-knee but
not everybody agrees. The same is true of words like McDonell; some
people use the one sign, some don't. I don't think anybody would have
a problem with Dewhurst though. I scanned my books for d-e-wh and got
only one hit, sidewhiskers, which doesn't start a word and thus is
still handled correctly. And apparently it's not a legal word
anyway. :-)

So, since none of these are actual words they can all be declined if
that seems best.

Just a suggestion or three,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll