[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Kettledrum

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jun 4 12:27:43 EDT 2011

Mario Lang (2011/06/04 14:43 +0200):
> I think this is sort of a well known and old problem.

Still, I'd be happy to know enough about it to be able to understand and
perhaps even to explain it to somebody else wondering why this is so.

> As I remember,
> liblouis actually evolved from what brltty uses internally.

Okay.

> Regarding using liblouis directly, which sounds good of course, I am
> guessing that brltty uses some low level functionality that liblouis
> might not export?

But even if they are not exported at the moment, perhaps they could
beexported, maybe in adifferent module if this is preferred...

I'd definitely work in that direction rather than working on merging
tables for the two system, the inconvenient of this kind of mergings in
the long run being so well known they are not worth being detailed here.

Shérab.