[BRLTTY] brltty - I'm confused!

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Jun 23 19:26:44 EDT 2011

David Reynolds, le Tue 21 Jun 2011 13:21:19 +0100, a écrit :
> All Braille works fine now, but sometimes, I get the message: Screen not in
> text mode.

This happens when the linux console is switched to graphical mode, e.g.
when running X.

> I then have to kill the process,

Which process? brltty, orca?

> and re-enter the command. Is there something I can do to prevent this
> message from displaying?

Actually it's the contrary: brltty shows it because it doesn't know what
else to display because it can't access the linux console, and/or orca
does not provide X review for some reason.

Samuel