[BRLTTY] [patch] fix installation of ocaml bindings for gentoo linux

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 29 10:47:10 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by William Hubbs on 2011/03/24 at 09:05 -0500]

>brltty 4.2 installs the ocaml bindings using the -ldconf option for
>ocamlfind. For gentoo linux, we do not need that option, so I have written
>a patch that allows us to override the -ldconf command line option. This
>patch also preserves the default setting, so it will not affect anyone
>unless they define OCAML_LDCONF on the make command line.

I haven't answered right away because I've been trying to think about this
issue. I say "trying", because I myself am not a Caml user. Are you? Do you
happen to know what the real significance of htis optoin is, and, in fact,
whether or not we need it at all? If we don't need it, my preference is to
scrap it. If we do need it, my preference is to autodetect when it's needed and
when it isn't.