[BRLTTY] Possible toggling six dots and eight dots braille output when Brltty is running?

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Fri May 20 10:52:48 EDT 2011

Hy,

I am not yet an experienced Brltty and braille display user, so if my
question is trivial, very sorry. I get my friend two weeks ago an old
Alva Satellite 570 pro braille display.
I sent prewious this thread similar letter with Orca-list too:
Now, because hungarian language yet not have good contracted braille
table, I using Orca with Brltty, an eight dots computer braille
hungarian table.
General, hungarian braille literal texts is six dots texts. Brltty and
Orca support switch six dots and eight dots textual output mode?
Brltty support dinamic dot mode conversion for example if an user want
read an original eight dots braille table generated output with only six
dots?
Now, I only possible read six dots mode the texts if I modify the hu.ttb
table. For example, now with á character following dots using Brltty
hu.ttb table:
char \xE1    (   4   8)  # E1 ⢈ á [LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE]
And capital Á:
char \xC1    (   4  78)  # C1 ⣈ Á [LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH ACUTE]

I not would like modify the already committed Zsolt Torma modified
hu.ttb file for Brltty source code.

Attila