[BRLTTY] Alva bc6 40 issues!

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 19 08:07:10 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:04:31AM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Jen on 2011/11/19 at 04:03 +0000]
>
> >I just got an Alvabc640 with firmware 2.8.
> >
> >It doesn't seem to work with Linux, and I heard this is because of
> >the latest firmware. Is this true?
>
> Yes. At the moment, I believe your best alternatives are either to downgrade
> the firmware to 2.6 or to use Bluetooth instead of USB.

Also update to brltty 4.3 as this contains many fixes for the Alva
BC6.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll