[BRLTTY] Alizé 64 (technibraille)

Pierre Lorenzon devel at pollock-nageoire.net
Wed Nov 30 19:21:57 EST 2011

From: Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc>
Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] Alizé 64 (technibraille)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:32:21 -0500

> [quoted lines by Pierre Lorenzon on 2011/11/30 at 14:41 +0100]
>
>>I succeeded in drving the alizé 64 with brltty. Very
>>surprisingly, one have to choose "jaws" in the internal alizé
>>menu to let it establish the connection with the computer.
>
> What other choices can be selected?

  emulpc that apparently was designed for ms-dos and requires a
  dos executable to be launched on the pc.

  Internal items are also provided in the main starting menu
  such has tools and configuration.

  I first tried to use emulpc which seemed the most natural to
  me but in fact jaws should be selected.

>>Once it is done and brltty correctly launched it displays the accurate
>>informations. All right except that the -t brltty option is not active. The
>>braille table remains always the same. Anyway it seems that this alizé has an
>>internal braille table configuration. Maybe the brltty technibraille driver
>>does not know how to override internal settings.
>
> If you don't mind, it might be helpful to do some testing. The TechniBraille
> driver writes characters to a visual display and dots to a braille display. It
> surprises me, therefore, that the -t option doesn't work unless the braille
> cells are being updated based on what's written to the visual display.

  Ok !

> If you have the time to do a bit of testing, please let me know. Perhaps you
> could also check for an internal setting which determines if the braille cells
> are updated by the visual display characters or by dots.

  Yes next time I'll be in front of this machine I'll explore
  completly these internal menus. Don't put any hope on the
  documentation since it is very minimal !

> Could you also please send a description of the keys which includes their
> shapes, their locations, their names (if they have any), etc.

  OK !

> I'm assuming that the keys do work. Is that correct?

  Yes they do !

  Regards

  Pierre