[BRLTTY] README.Windows needs to be updated

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Fri Sep 16 06:31:09 EDT 2011

Hi, Samuel!

You wrote:

> Lars Bjørndal, le Sun 14 Aug 2011 16:02:29 +0200, a écrit :
>> I think the README file should be updated before the next release. I
>> tried to follow the instructions to build and run BRLTTY with USB
>> support, however, I was unsuccessful.
>
> It's not an easy thing indeed.

[...]

>> On a Windows 64 bit system, that leads to an unworking USB system after
>> restart, due to the old version of that cygwin package.
>
> I have sent an upload request for the newer version, should be available
> soon.
>
>> Futher more, the details about downloading and installing the
>> libusb-win32 package, should be updated. The file names seems to have
>> changed.
>
> It should be fixed in the svn now.

I've now installed the cygwin package libusb-win32, successfully
compiled BRLTTY, and it runs fine for a serial port device. Do I still
need to install the libusb-win32-bin package, or is the dll and sys
files you mention in the README.Windows included in the cygwin
libusb-win32 package? I'm not very familiar with the cygwin package
system, and don't know how to list files from an individual package.

Thank you!

Lars