[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 2 16:06:05 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko on 2012/04/02 at 21:47 +0200]

>> Could an access() stub be provided which does open() and close(), and then sets
>> errno to whatever it was after the open?
>This would be a departure from normal access() semantics as it would
>return false on a directory (AFAIU the man page). It makes me also think
>that you may be using wrong type of check in some places.

It's possible. In what way to you think we may be using access() incorrectly?

By the way: A good place for brltty-specific stubs would be in sys_grub.c.
That, for exaple, may be a good place for an atexit() which will meet brltty's
specific needs. I can add attexit() there. If there are any other stubs which
you'd prefer be specifically part of brltty, rther than part of grub in
general, please let me know what they are and where I can find your current
implementations of them.

I can also add your charset_grub.c and usb_grub.c to brltty now, if you'd like.

It looks like -DGRUB_FILE=__FILE__ will work.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html