[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:10:57 EDT 2012

On 02.04.2012 22:06, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko on 2012/04/02 at 21:47 +0200]
>
>>> Could an access() stub be provided which does open() and close(), and then sets
>>> errno to whatever it was after the open?
>> This would be a departure from normal access() semantics as it would
>> return false on a directory (AFAIU the man page). It makes me also think
>> that you may be using wrong type of check in some places.
> It's possible. In what way to you think we may be using access() incorrectly?
Because in several place you assume that if testPath succeeded then so
will open. It's not true in case of directories and/or permission
denied. You should try opening file instead.
> By the way: A good place for brltty-specific stubs would be in sys_grub.c.
> That, for exaple, may be a good place for an atexit() which will meet brltty's
> specific needs. I can add attexit() there. If there are any other stubs which
> you'd prefer be specifically part of brltty, rther than part of grub in
> general, please let me know what they are and where I can find your current
> implementations of them.
atexit() could be put in posix layer.
> I can also add your charset_grub.c and usb_grub.c to brltty now, if you'd like.
That'd be good for several files but not for usb_grub.c as it's still
wrong (I still have no precision on usbReap).
But what would help more is if you could have a quick look on attached
patch and commit the parts which should be already good. E.g. extension
of #ifdef MSDOS to #if defined (MSDOS) || defined (GRUB_RUNTIME)

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko