[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB2

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 4 14:19:23 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko on 2012/04/04 at 20:10 +0200]

>Is it known that the port is on PCI? On yeeloong few devices internal to
>CPU use alternate base address.

Unfortunately, I'm really only familiar with the x86 architecture (and, way
back, IBM mainframes). The ports are used for 8250 UART control when the system
doesn't provide its own way of doing something. We'd be passing in the port
number as fetched from the serial device, with the appropiate offset (for MCR,
MSR, etc) added to it.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html