[BRLTTY] Improving the speech support of brltty

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Wed Apr 25 10:40:21 EDT 2012

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Pitre <nico at fluxnic.net> schrieb am 24.04.2012, 14:08 -0400:
>On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, Eric Scheibler wrote:
>> I want to improve the speech output of brltty. Cause I also often use
>> the speech to navigate, I miss some features which I strongly need to
>> work efficiently.
>Did you consider using Speakup or some other screen reader application?
>They can be used in parallel with BRLTTY.
But if you navigate with the speech the display doesn't follow. You have to
bring the braille display to the position where the speech is and this isn't
efficient.
Apart from that, BRLTTY is IMHO currently the best screen reader if you work
full-time on the console and want braille and speech in parallel.

Best
Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: