[BRLTTY] 6-8 key Braille entry from any keyboard

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Thu Aug 9 00:22:34 EDT 2012

For the BrailleBlaster project we need to be able to enter Braille from
any keyboard. The method used is to note when keys are released and when
the last key of a group pressed simultaneously has been released to
generate Unicode Braille. I've been told that BRLTTY has something like
this. If so, what license is it under? We cannot use GPL. What C
functionns detect the press and release of keys? Are they
cross-platform?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.