[BRLTTY] 6-8 key Braille entry from any keyboard

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Thu Aug 9 11:00:22 EDT 2012

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012, John J. Boyer wrote:

> My question was, does BRLTTY have such a facility and if so how is it
> implemented? I am looking for information that might speed up my own
> sork on a library incorporating it.

BRLTTY does have such a facility indeed.  It is not specific to braille
input but generic to any kind of chorded key sequences, including
braille display navigation, etc.  The braille input keyboard definition
as can be seen in Tables/kbd-braille.kti is therefore just one of the
possible keyboard operations.  The code dealing with this is intrinsic
to BRLTTY's core.

Nicolas