[BRLTTY] Keypad bindings and copy buffer

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 10 06:52:30 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2012/08/10 at 00:11 -0400]

>I was thinking about adding this overhead to the Alva driver only.  If
>no other device is having this issue, this is probably not worth adding
>this complexity to the core.

But it's the kind of problem that could arise any time with any device. I
believe, therefore, that resolving it centrally would be best. I'm also of the
opinion that, wherever possible, solutions should be centralized so that, as
we've seen in the past, each driver won't develop it's own, ad hoc, usually
error prone solution.

Now that I'm reflecting on this issue, I believe that a very similar thing may
actually be happening with the Iris (under yet to be determined circumstances).
It's possible that the very same capability will resolve that problem.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html