[BRLTTY] Keypad bindings and copy buffer

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 11 08:30:32 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2012/08/11 at 08:19 -0400]

>Of course, I haven't tried it but I'm not thrilled by anything (else)
>that introduces a noticeable delay.

Note that, although the code is written, it's not enabled yet. If you'd like to
give it a try, edit Programs/brl.c, and go to line 352. There, you'll find:

   static const int keyReleaseTimeout = 0;

Change the 0 to 90, and then rebuild. If you'd prefer not to do the editing
yourself, but, rather, to apply a patch, let me know and I'll post one.

>I've noticed how the routing keys are slower than they used to be to solve
>some other problem. It's not getting in the way but still a tad disappointing.

Thanks for the reminder. It's been my intention to experiment with trying to
speed it up a bit again.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html