[BRLTTY] Keypad bindings and copy buffer

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Sat Aug 11 22:13:29 EDT 2012

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012, Dave Mielke wrote:

> I just realized that we weren't thinking straight. It's rather obvious why the
> key release timeout needs to be so high. The reason is that the BC640 doesn't
> send the repeated keys immediately one after another as that'd be way too fast
> for its user to deal with. Of course it has a delay between the repeats.

Well, my first assumption was that the device would send a release event
immediately followed by a press event, and the delay would be inserted
between the press and release events.  If they add a delay in between
the release and press events then this makes things much more
complicated.

At least the PC keyboard do generate repeated press events eventually
followed by a single release event.

Nicolas