[BRLTTY] Saving of the line markers

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Thu Aug 16 09:50:36 EDT 2012

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb am 15.08.2012, 12:20 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2012/08/01 at 00:48 +0200]
>
>>What about a entry in the options menu? Default is "not saving" like now and
>>if the save function is set, the markers were saved like they actually were
>>defined (in all the consoles). So for the majority of the users the change
>>would have no effect.
>
>Yes, that could be done.
Nice to read.

>Another approach could be to add a third command called SAVEMARK. This would
>allow specific marks to be saved. The disadvantage of this approach, of course,
>is that it'd require a new binding for each device. Maybe a keyboard-only
>solution for this would be sufficient.
Sounds also well for me under the condition that if the user has saved a set of
marks, these are restored automatically after a restart of Brltty.
I fully agree, that a keyboard only shortcut is enough but I think, if you add a
"save marks" function you also need a "restore default marks" one which means:
bring all markers back into the first line.

Both approaches would work for me so it's up to you if you want to implement
that and if so which solution you prefer.

Best Regards
Eric