[BRLTTY] brltty in arch: my problem solved but Arch's is not!

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 17 07:07:24 EDT 2012

This is the PKGBUILD on arch.

https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=
packages/brltty

I guess basically, what I should be doing is editing the PKGBUILD to put the
normal depends as make depends:

depends=()
makedepends=('bluez' 'libxaw' 'at-spi2-core' 'gpm' 'icu' 'python2' 'tcl'
'atk' 'libxtst' 'pyrex')
optdepends=('bluez: bluetooth support')

Building the package on my system.  Testing the package in a clean QEMU
install with braille support.  And adding anything back into depends that I
find is actually needed to run BRLTTY.  And rinsing and repeating until I
can get it to work.

I have never used QEMU with the fake braille driver.  I don't(well, I do,
but I cannot use it for this kind of testing because the driver for it isn't
in the normal brltty release.) have a working braille device.  So it may
take me a little while(days, weeks) to get around to figuring out how to
work with it. To get QEMU working with braille is this the best guide?
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Accessibility

Timothy