[BRLTTY] [SPAM] Need a little help

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jul 3 22:39:12 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Chris on 2012/07/04 at 03:41 +0200]

>I would try brltty´s speech funktion. I configured speechd to do this.
>if i start the programm with brltty it reads exactly one line.

That'd probably be the line saying that brltty has been started.

>so i read the docuentation and found something called autospeak it seems
>i have to activate.

Yes. Autospeak is off by default.

>So i read about an prefmenu. but on my pc there isnt an command called
>this.

PREFMENU is a brltty command. The way you get into brltty's preferences menu is
by pressing the right key combination on your braille device. Exactly which
combination this is depends on which type of braille device you have. If you
tell us which type of braille device you have then we'll be able to tell you
which key combination to use.

This information can also be found online. From brltty's home page:

   http://mielke.cc/brltty/

Click on "Documentation", then on "Drivers", and then on your type of braille
device.

>(my english is not the best,

Don't worry about that.

>maybe i do something wrong and misunderstood the documentation)

No, you haven't done anything wrong.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html