[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and key delay

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu May 3 07:57:02 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/05/03 at 11:26 +0200]

>when testing BRLTTY 4.4, I've discovered a issue with the key table which
>doesn't occur in the stable release of 4.2, which I mainly use.
>When a key table is activated, Key presses get doubled and it gets even worse
>when typing really fast. It must be a problem of BRLTTY., since it doesn't
>occur in older versions.

I don't think the code in that area has changed. Is it possible that the actual
difference is that you only see the problem when you have speech processing
turned on? The possibility I'm considering is that speech processing may be
causing brltty to wait at times, and that this wait may occasionally be between
echoing a press and release of a key back to the system.

Do you only see it when pressing certain keys (like only those which have
functions bound to them) or on every key?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html