[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.3 occasional segfault

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue May 15 01:19:27 EDT 2012

Is anyone else seeing very occasional segfaults in BRLTTY 4.3? I noticed it
about a month ago, and I thought a library upgrade on my system might have
fixed it, but it occurred again today.

I am using a Baum display, and when it does happen (very rarely), it seems to
be after a Baum power-down event.

I am running an up to date Debian Sid.

Unfortunately this caught me unawares and I hadn't modified the init script to
enable core dumps or taken other measures to catch it in the act. For what it
is worth, here's the message written to syslog:
May 15 11:00:05 jdc kernel: [12685.869646] brltty[630]: segfault at
7ff023a5c4a4 ip 00007f27c430a740 sp 00007fff1fd49970 error 4 in
libgcc_s.so.1[7f27c42fb000+15000]

The system has ECC memory, so I think RAM errors can be excluded. It's an
x86-64 architecture machine with the debian BRLTTY package installed.