[BRLTTY] Call for feedback on german message translations

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Mon May 21 01:40:48 EDT 2012

Hello Mario,

Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> schrieb am 21.05.2012,  0:50 +0200:
>If you are a german native speaker, I'd like to catch your attention for
>a while and point you at the ability of BRLTTY to have localized
>messages.  If you have not noticed so far, yes, thats possible.  All you
[...]
>Provided the fact that you got it working such that BRLTTY uses german
>messages, I'd like you to pay special attention to the actual messages
>you see.  For instance, the preference menu and help screens should be
>(mostly) all translated.  I am just a bit unsure about a few of the
>choices I've made when translating to german.  As usual, technical
Here are my notes on this:
* Menü Optionen: I think Menüoptionen is better
* Kontrollen: for controls "Kontrollen" doesn't sound good, I could image
  Bedienelemente, Bedienungselemente or something like this. Even Steuerung
  makes sense.
* Tongeber: I cannot remember the Englisch word, but Tongenerator or
  Tonerzeuger sound better.

Have you already translated all messages?

In the menu, I find e. g. "speak completed words" and BRLTTY still say "cap"
instead of "Groß".

Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: