[BRLTTY] feedback to the latest improvements was: Re: Error when building BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon May 21 09:04:03 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2012/05/21 at 14:31 +0200]

>Actually, many well-known screen readers for GUI environments have "Say
>Time" in one or another incarnation.  I personally find it quite useful
>on these systems, so I'd vote for yes, please.  Actually, it could even
>make sense to show the time in braille, saves you from finding an
>unoccupied console for typing "date".

Or for unlocking a screen session.

What format should the date and time be shown in? I guess we could have a
submenu with a few options. Which choices should we offer? Also, is it possible
that date/time is one value which may best be represented differently in
braille versus speech?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html