[BRLTTY] Say Time

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon May 21 13:44:21 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2012/05/21 at 18:35 +0200]

>12/24 hour format (AM/PM on/off) comes to mind.

I decided to look around a bit. So far, I have:

   Time Format: 12 Hour, 24 Hour
   Time Separator: :, .
   Date Position: None, Before Time, After Time
   Date Format: Year Month Day, Month Day Year, Day Month Year
   Date Separator: -, /, .

>> Also, is it possible that date/time is one value which may best be
>> represented differently in braille versus speech?
>
>I guess yes.  While some speech backends implement some matching rules
>to speak typical shorthand date/time formats correctly, not all do.  So
>we could try to generate an already "expanded" string for speech.

What about month names versus numbers? To me, names sound better with speech
but numbers look better in braille. That might just be me, though.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html