[BRLTTY] Key binding collisions with Orca.

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Wed May 23 15:39:11 EDT 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2012/05/23 at 13:35 -0400]
>
> >> If possible, I'd like to find some way to minimize, if not entirely eliminate,
> >> brltty keyboard binding collisions with Orca before 4.4 is finalized, which
> >> should be in only a week or so. All ideas, as usual, are welcomed.
> >
> >Is this necessary?  When Orca is active, BRLTTY is not monitoring the
> >screen anymore.  Maybe it shouldn't monitor the keyboard either in that
> >case?
>
> I gueess it never hurts for someone to ask the third or fourth time. :-) I've
> been saying that it wouldn't be easy to implement, but an easy way to do it
> just came to mind. This change has now been committed.

Looks easy enough to me once the unrelated menu name changes in that
commit are ignored.  :-)

In fact, this might allow for similar key bindings to be shared between
BRLTTY and Orca which is much less prone to confusion i.e. only one set
to learn.

Now is there a way to get an help screen with the active keyboard
bindings without resorting to opening up the key definition file?  the
HELP command only provides the braille terminal bindings.

Nicolas