[BRLTTY] Some more things for v4.4

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Tue May 29 18:24:41 EDT 2012

Hello,

I hope it's not too late. I want to report some more issues / suggestions.
I'am not sure, if I already posted some of them. If so I'am sorry, just
ignore them.

The following was tested under debian squeeze 64bit and with brltty v4.4
rev 6527:
1. Announcing of capitals still doesn't work if I set the "raise
pitch" method. Letters are spoken with a higher pitch but also are doubled.
If I type "jJ" on the command line I get "jJJ" and sometimes also "jJJJJ".
As far as I could test this happens with all letters. With the "say cap"
option all is ok.

2. The option "skip identical lines" (brltty options menu -> navigation)
doesn't work with speak_prev_line / speak_next_line. The identical lines
aren't skipped like it's done with lnup / lndown.

3. Could you add a fourth choice in the speak punctuation level option?
Copy the settings from "some" and add the chars "/" and "-" please.

4. This refers to brltty's copy / paste feature: Is it possible to keep the
line break when I copy more than one line into the buffer?

And it seemes that you found a solution to prevent the collision of the
shortcuts between orca and brltty. At the moment I use the standard laptop
key table and I'am still able to control orca with the same key combinations.
That's realy cool.

I also want to add a few things to the german translation. The
following is located in the brltty menu:
Speech Cursor Style - Sprachcursordarstellung [or] Darstellung des
Sprachcursors
Speech Options - Sprachoptionen
Time Presentation - Zeit und Datum
Speech Cursor Visible Time - Sprachcursor ist sichtbar für:
Speech Cursor Invisible Time - Sprachcursor ist unsichtbar für:

Regards
Eric