[BRLTTY] BRLTTY, Debian, and Speakup

Rob Hudson captinlogic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 08:43:44 EDT 2012

I'm about to install Debian Squeeze onto a new system with the aid of BRLTTY and I have a couple of questions.
In the Debian install manual, it says that you can press tab and then type brltty=driver,port,table. Does this argument accept other lines such as the contraction table? Or, failing that, is there a way to set the contraction table while BRLTTY is running?
Also. Is there a way to link BRLTTY with speakup so that when you press speakup's navigation keys, BRLTTY echoes what's being spoken?