[BRLTTY] Focus 40 problem with brltty 4.4

Michela Botti Michela.Botti at caspur.it
Tue Sep 11 10:13:10 EDT 2012

Hello all,
I'm currently using BRLTTY 4.4 rev 5477 on Ubuntu 12.04 with a Freedom
Scientific Focus 40 display. Occasionally, it happens that the display
keys (including wheels) stop working, so that it is no longer possible to
review the screen content. Nevertheless, the display still refreshes
as the cursor is moved, so it doesn't seem to be
completely freezed. The only way I found to restore the normal
behavior is to disconnect and re-connect the usb plag from the display.
Unfortunately, I am not able to determine in which conditions the problem
appears, it seems to happen quite randomly. I can't even say if the
problem is related to Ubuntu, to the new version of BRLTTY, or
both, having switched to Ubuntu and to the new version of BRLTTY at the
same time.
With older versions and a Red Hat distribution I never experienced this
problem.

Thanks for any help,
all the best
Michela