[BRLTTY] Brllty suportet Braille Displays

Joakim Nordell joakim.nordell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 04:32:47 EDT 2012

Hello.

On 15/09/2012, Petra Ritter <petra at access-for-all.ch> wrote:

> I am just interested what experience Users of certain Braille Display
> have made.
>
> Me aim is to use the new Braille display on both Windows 7 with Jaws 12
> and 13 and Ubuntu (12.04  at the moment). I want to obtain a Braille
> Display, which works well on both operating systems.

At my work I am using a Alva BC640 in a quite similar setup.
Running both Ubuntu and windows 7 on different computers.
How ever I have sent the display on service / repair multiple times.
Hopefully the last cell change is of better quallity.
I will soon switch to a Braillex EL 80C, but I am still abit unsure if
that is a supported display. It is also available in 40 character
version which of cause is abit more portable.

Regards
Joakim Nordell