[BRLTTY] Some more about SBL (Re: attribute tracking, was re: Recommended live distribution)

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 19 21:19:23 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Klaus Knopper on 2012/09/20 at 02:17 +0200]

>1. SBL detects the program running on the current text console by
>reading its associated processes command name. For example, "elinks".

Am I correct that, for example, it'd always be "screen" if a user is using
screen-maintained sessions?

>2. SBL automatically sets volume, pitch, speech, language, braille
>modes, charmode or linemode and attribute cursor tracking and other
>behaviour specific to this program, in this example from a config file
>/etc/sbl/profile/elinks.

Does each profile contain the complete list of settings?

Let's say that I start out with Setting1 and Setting2 both set to off. The
profile for Program1 sets Setting1 to on, and the profile for Program2 sets
Setting2 to on. I run Program1, then Program2, and then Program1 again. Will
Setting1 and Setting2 now both be on, or does it always reload the defaults
before applying a profile?

Could you please give an example or two for how an attribute-based cursor is
defined?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html