[BRLTTY] Questions about driver internals.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Sep 24 00:16:57 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by timothyhobbs at seznam.cz on 2012/09/23 at 21:00 +0200]

>All of the function driver side(brl_keyToCommand,brl_readCommand ect) seem to
>take BrailleDisplay * brl as an argument.  Does this mean that the
>BrailleDisplay is changing?  Or is that pointer constant throughout the
>runtime of brltty?

I hope you're not wondering if you can save it somewhere. Please don't do
that.

Also, if you're using key tables (which you should be), the keyToCommand() et
al functionality isn't necessary. In fact, key tables make it quite useless
since the driver has no knowledge of what the commands are.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html