[BRLTTY] Trouble building Stand Alone Program on RHEL 6.3 32 bit

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 27 11:21:39 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Rimkus, Robert (N-UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE, LLC) on 2012/09/26 at 16:58 +0000]

>Please see the contents of my configuration output and build output.

The -lpthread linker option is missing, so maybe you don't have that library.

>I have pth.i686.rpm installed.

Brltty doesn't use libpth. It uses Posix threads, which are provided by
libpthread.

Your configure output contains the following:

>checking if pthreads are available... checking pthread.h usability... yes
>checking pthread.h presence... yes
>checking for pthread.h... yes
>checking for library containing pthread_create... no

It seems, therefore, that, while you do have the needed header, you don't have
the needed library.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html