[BRLTTY] Text table selection reverts back to en-nabcc

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Apr 7 16:33:51 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2013/04/07 at 21:44 +0200]

>Would it be problematic for you to make it possible to save the braille table
>and make it default in the coming versions of brltty?

Of course it's possible. It's just that we need to resolve a philosophical
question, first. Please, everyone wade in on this issue. I really would like to
resolve it.

Right now, blrtty.conf sets system defaults which can be overridden with
command line options. None of the saved preferences can be overridden with
command line options. So, how do we interpret the current table settings if
they can be in both brltty.conf and the saved preferences? We could simply say
that the settings saved in the preferences override the ones in brltty.conf,
with the understanding that this would take effect as soon as the preferences
are saved for the first time? Is that really acceptable, though? Mightn't it
become too confusing?